Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I've been nominated!...

(Disclaimer: I did not edit this before posting it so if some of it makes no sense whatsoever just pretend it does and don't judge me people...If you need further reason not to judge me than check out the time I posted this and you will understand why parts of this don't make any sense!)

For a Liebster!  Amanda over at Small Town Small Budget nominated me and I am so EXCITED!
  She is pretty darn talented and on top of all that she seems to be one of the coolest peeps in the blog-o-sphere.  The girl has been in a dance crew.  Need I say more?  Go check out her blog and be ready to be filled with all sorts of crafty vibes.
The Liebster Award “is all about discovering blogs and helping those with less than 200 followers to get recognized.”
The rules:
1.  Post 11 things about yourself.
2.  Answer the 11 questions the ' tagger ' has set for you.
3.  Create 11 more questions for the bloggers you will tag.
4.  Then choose 11 bloggers ( or 9??...or 6 because I have go to get to bed!!!) with less than 200 followers and tag them in your post.
5.  These lucky bloggers must then be told.


Okay so let me think...11 things about myself...that I assume have to be somewhat interesting.  This could be tough.  :)

 1.  I am a homeschooling momma to one incredible 11 year old who is not to cool to give me hugs goodbye and that still thinks I am pretty cool.
Jake and his cousin Jaxson.  This picture is a classic.
2.  I am the wife of  a 6ft 2 inch handsome guy.  He just recently graduated with a degree in math and loves Star Wars.  Yes, he is a big dork and I love him for it.
Aaron and Jake.  My 2 favorite guys.


3.  I love wasting time on Pinterest.  I am officially addicted.  To me it is the blog world's version of crack...I just can't help myself.  I think I have fully furnished & decorated at least 4 different houses with all the things I have pinned under My dream home.

4.  I am not even sure what my favorite color is any more.  It is in the turquoise, teal, robin's egg blue, blue gray, and gray...family.  I have loved and decorated my house in shades of these colors and red for way longer than it has been cool to do (I have a Gail Pittman vase, large serving bowl, and platter that I have been decorating the living spaces of my house around for almost 7 years and it still isn't going anywhere!) and I figured out why last summer.  The cabin (we call it Camp) on the lake in Vermont that my grandfather built over 50's years ago is decorated in those colors.  I grew up with it's decor literally my whole life and I guess I just fell in love!
One of the tables at Camp.


I think growing up with naturally distress furniture has made me love doing it.





4.) I love Fox News Channel and I am a conservative Republican (Go Mitt & Paul...I know them well enough to call them by their first name :) ).  

5.) I am a converted Southerner.  I was born and half way raised in New Hampshire.  The rest of my "raising" (8th grade and on) happened in the South.  I am not a fan of the humidity come July and August but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  It is my goal in life to have an accent like Paula Dean. :)


6.)  I LOVE MY KINDLE. (I dropped and broke mine at the beginning of the summer and my wonderful husband got me a new one for our 15th anniversary last month.  He loves me.) Reading is one of my favorite things to do.  I love Pride & Prejudice and The Hunger Games, Harry Potter & Jane Eyre...I love lots of kinds of books and spend a lot of my time reading young adult books because when you homeschool you read what your child reads!  I have recently (in the past couple of years) fallen in love with Jane Austen.  I am a late bloomer in the classics category what can I say!


7.)  My dream home would be a bungalow style home.  I love the porches.  I love the coziness.  I love the simplicity...Why is it that all the most adorable bungalows are in the part of town that has turned into the rented not so loved or taken care of parts of town?  I want a bungalow on about 32 acres.  Is that too much to ask?

8.)  I love sleeping in and Sunday afternoon naps.  Both those things make me extremely happy.

9.)  I dream of getting a Canon Rebel camera and taking lovely pictures of everyone I love all the time!

10.)  I am not a fan of shows on HGTV that don't show you the after.  Example: Property Virgins.  They look at houses, they pick the house they love, they buy it, and then the show is over....huh?  Why would they do that?!?  Shows like that disgust me.  I know that sounds harsh but seriously!!  Look at the cute fixer upper these people bought...but you don't get to see what they fixed up...Me no likey.  I am a House Hunters kind of girl.  That is how a show on HGTV is supposed to end-with an after.  I am all about the before and afters. (Property Virgins is actually on in the background right now...I should change it to Fox News.)

11.)  I am getting ready to paint a buffet my mom gave me and I CAN'T WAIT!  Don't worry I will give you a before and an after. :)

Okay...On to Amanda's questions:


1.)What is your favorite type of food ?
 Either Italian or Mexican...depends on the day

2.) What did you wanna grow up to be as a kid?
 a mom :)

3.) What is one thing you love about yourself, and one thing you would change?
 I love...this is hard.  I love that I have green eyes.  I would change my weight.  I used to be skinny...now I am a skinny girl stuck in a fat fluffy girls body....but I am working on it.

4.) Favorite Holiday and why?
 Thanksgiving. Hands down, because it is in my favorite season, you don't have to feel bad when someone gives a more expensive gift to you than you gave to them, and you spend it with your favorite people-eating a plate full of family traditions and being thankful...Love It All.

5.)  What is your most embarrassing moment?
I do embarrassing things all the time but I can't for the life of me think of the most embarrassing...I guess I am so used to doing dumb things that they don't even stick out in my mind any more....


6.) What is the last movie you saw in theaters?
Obama's 2016.  You can't be surprised to hear that after I told you I love Fox News.  The movie scared me but it didn't shock me because I knew all the things discussed.

7.) If you could have any super power what would it be?
Invincibility.  Always has been, always will be.  I know this right off the top of my head because I am the mother of a boy...that has no siblings so I am his first choice playmate and we always play super heros when we take a hike with the dogs behind our house.  

8.) What would you do if you were given $1,000,000 ?
I would pay tithing on it and then go and buy 32 acres and build my bungalow house and decorate it...oh and I think I would buy a new car too.  
9.)Beach Bunny? or Snow bunny? Why?
Snow bunny.  Because I am a mountain girl and even in the South we get snow in the Mountains.  Plus sand in my bathing suit drives me a little batty.

10.) How old were you when you got your first kiss?
Oh geez...I got a first kiss on my check at recess by my first boyfriend and was totally embarrassed because the whole 6th grade class was there watching and I was a good girl.  (Maybe that is my most embarrassing moment...no probably not.)  My first kiss on the lips was in 7th grade by Nathaniel S. and I was yet again totally embarrassed by it.  I was way better at flirting then actually having a boyfriend back in younger years. :)

11.) What is something unique about yourself?
The unique thing about me is that I am the only person who can not think of anything unique about me! 

I am nominating:

1. )  Austyn from Project Granola Mom
2.)  Deme from Fresh Coat of Paint
3.) The Mrs. from Like Mom And Apple Pie
4.) Jaime from Welcome to the Madness
6.)  Jamie from Southern Revivals
And here are the questions I would love them to answer:

1.)  What is your favorite way to spend your spare time?
2.)  If you could be any animal what would you be and why?
3.)  If you were a color what would you be and why?
4.)  Brag a little.  What are you amazing at"
5.)  What is one of your favorite words to use?  (as in you use it so much your kids do to?)
6.)  What is your signature dish?
7.)  You are stranded on a dessert island.  What 3 things (things not people) would you bring with you?  (If any of the require electricity pretend the island has solar panels because it knew you were coming and wanted you to feel at home. :) )
8.)  Did you have a favorite teacher in school?  If so what made them your favorite?
9.)  If you could only shop at one store the rest of your life which one would it be?
10.)  Winter or fall? Why?
11.)  Night owl or morning person? 

2 comments:

Belle said...

Thank you for asking me to answer these questions, Carrie. I'm not sure when I will get to it, but I will. Life has been so busy lately and I've cut down on blogging. Love the pic of Jake with his little cousin. Most of the books you've read have been favorites of mine.

I watched the movie "Hunger Games" and I think they did a good job. I haven't read the book though. I was afraid it would be upsetting, but it wasn't bad and shows the evil the rich and privileged will do to the poor.

Laurie said...

Hey! I totally didn't catch up on your blog before you put it to private. Can I get an invite?? (Pretty please!!) ;)